Spring has sprung, and as many people start to pull out their rakes and other garden tools, the natural first thought is to check in with your flower beds. However, after a long winter, you should be paying special attention to your trees.
While your trees don’t require round the clock care, they do need some regular upkeep.
Trees are your property’s most valuable asset. Regular care and pruning by trained professionals can protect your investment in your landscape.
Benefits of Adequate Tree Care
Most homeowners don’t give much thought to their trees, but the proper care of your property’s trees can have some serious payoffs for your home (apart from an amazing landscape), including:
- promotion of proper air circulation
- tree growth
- the creation of a healthier and stronger landscape
- the ability to deter insects or diseases
If you’re ready to reap the benefits of healthy trees and enjoy a stellar view, contact Complete Landsculpture today!
Let one of our Certified Arborists handle your tree care and put their expert knowledge to work. If you’re not sure what exactly you need have a look at our specialized tree services:
- Tree Installation
- Tree Cabling & Tree Bracing
- Tree Diagnostics
- Tree Fertilization & Spraying
- Insect & Disease Injections
- Tree Root Flare Work and Air Spading
- Tree Stump Grinding
- Tree Trimming & Pruning
- Ongoing Tree Maintenance
Looking for some easy DIY upkeep between your appointments? Check out our best tips to keep your trees healthy and beautiful.
Easy Tree Maintenance Tips
- Spring Cleaning: First you should clean up around your trees—rake up and gather all small debris that piled up under your trees over the winter. Leaves, small twigs, and branches, or even fallen fruits. While you’re at it, be sure to take down any remaining holiday decorations.
- Hydration: Your next step is to make sure your trees are getting adequate water. Check your sprinkler system and make sure they aren’t spraying foliage that is susceptible to fungal diseases. Also, be sure to give some extra water to areas around your trees that may have been exposed to de-icing materials during the winter.
- Inspect: Check tree trunks and branches for any diseases or health hazards like rabbit holes. Check our blog later for signs of tree disease and how to address them.
- Lay Mulch: Put down a layer of mulch to encourage moisture retention and deter pesky weeds from sprouting. If you’re not sure how to mulch, we can help!
A little bit of upkeep can go a long way in preserving and enhancing your property’s value.
We Can Help
If you have any doubts about these routine tree maintenance tips, don’t hesitate to reach out. Complete Landsculpture has been serving homeowners in DFW and Oklahoma City for three decades.
We customize each project for our clients’ unique needs. Get a free consultation or schedule service by getting in touch with us here.