The Tree Foreman is responsible for working as a team member under the direct supervision of the Arbor Manager. The Tree Foreman is responsible for executing proper pruning techniques; trimming trees, clearing and chipping tree debris, and disposing of tree debris for residential and commercial jobs in an efficient manner, promote job worksite safety, provide excellent customer service, and exhibit pride and quality workmanship.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry 50 pounds of material or equipment.
- Ability to walk, stand, kneel and/or bend for a long period of time.
- Ability to withstand exposure to outside weather conditions: humidity, rain, hot and cold temperatures.
- Ability to see with or without corrective aids.
- Must be able to work a 5-day schedule, may include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to show proof of legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and detailed oriented.
- Must be professional in appearance and actions.
- Maintain good attendance record as well as good punctuality.
- Understands and adheres to company and safety policies, proper lifting techniques, and heat stress.
- Possess the necessary rigging and lowering skills to perform tree pruning and removals safely.
- Must be able to properly, efficiently, and safely work with hand saws, pole pruners, loppers, and gas-powered chainsaws.
- Must be able to recognize and report deficiencies in trees and equipment.
- Knowledge of native and introduced tree species and characteristics for proper pruning practices including large shade trees and ornamentals.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- If driving for the company, must have and maintain a valid state issued driver’s license as well as clear driving record.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend training and safety meetings and apply the subject matter to day to day task.
- Follow all direct orders given to you by your Foreman or Manager.
- Work as part of a team.
- Always represent the company’s best interest, maintain the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Identify, correct or report work hazards on job sites to Project Manager.
- Operate and perform inspection and preventative maintenance on gas powered equipment used for tree trimming, grinding and removal.
- Executes lock out / tag out procedures on small equipment.
- Secure the work area around tree so public will be safe from falling debris.
- Inspect climbing gear and tree care equipment to be sure that all equipment and tools are safe and in working order.
- Blow sidewalks, streets, and work areas of leaves and debris.
- Trash and spoil management.
- Identify disease, nutrient deficiency, and improper watering of trees.
- Train Labor and Leadman in advanced tree pruning methods, tasks and procedures.
- Lead and direct crew member activities and work sequencing
- Provide backup to Laborers and Leadman.
- Manage budgeted man hours and complete daily time sheets per job.
- Communicate equipment, labor and material requests to Arbor Manager.
- Communicate and coordinate work with other trades on site.
- Complete accident / incident reports.
- Identify utility location at job sites before stump grinding.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Complete Landsculpture of Texas, LP. does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.